How Can Ayurveda Treatment for Male Infertility
Infertility may not always be caused by defects in the reproductive system of the female; in over 40% cases it is the man that has the problem. By the examination of the following points, the disease or disorder can be evaluated:
- The volume of semen
- Sperm count- oligospermia, azoospermia, necrospermia
- The motility of sperm
- The structural defects of the sperm
- Genital tract may have an obstruction
- Erectile dysfunction
Causes Of Infertility In Male
For male infertility treatment in Ayurveda, the following causes are considered:
- Ativyavayat: Over indulgence in coital activities
- Vyayamat: Over exertion which may be physical or mental
- Avyayamat: Leading a lethargic life with no exertion
- Asatmyanam cha sevanat: Eating spicy, salty, sour or frozen foods having low nutrients and unhygienic activities. Having poor behavioural habits like sleeping very late may lead or having a hectic lifestyle may lead to imbalance in Rakta and Pitta Dosha, ultimately resulting in Shukra kshaya that is the deficit in quantity and quality of Shukra Dhatu.
- Ayonau: Indulging in unnatural carnal activities which may be masturbation, anal or oral.
- Maithunam Na Cha Gachataha: Suppression of erotic urges
- Narinam Arasaudnyata: Participating in intercourse with an undesirable partner
The other possible causes are smoking and alcohol consumption, which significantly affect virility in males. Moreover fear, stress, sorrow, tight clothing and working in a hot environment may also have similar effects. Erectile dysfunction may be caused by trauma to the genital organs, muscle weakness and stress. Suppression of carnal desires, reproductive tract infection or structural interference may cause an obstructive pathology.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Male Infertility
Although, Ayurveda can effectively treat male infertility, an optimum result is only acquired when it is couple with a modulation in lifestyle and diet.
The Ayurvedic treatment includes Shodhan Chikitsa that is a cleansing therapy which is done keeping in mind the dominancy of the deranged doshas. For Kapa Dushti – Vaman, Pitta Dushti – Virechan and in case of Vata Dushti – Baman treatment is given.
When Panchakarma therapies like Abhyanga, Shirodhara and Nasya can provide immense relaxation and positive results. The treatment is hastened with yoga and regular exercise like pelvic floor exercise, padmasana, mool bandha which helps in making the functional organs work optimally.
Obstructions and infections may be treated with medicines like Gokshur, Guduchi or Triphala. Uttar Basti treatment is an effective remedy in case of obstructive pathologies while strengthening the muscles of the urinary tract and reproductive system.
Effectiveness of Rejuvenation and Aphrodisiac Treatments:
Body endurance is enhanced leading to synthesis of healthier sperm when rejuvenation therapy is administered. It revitalises the body and makes it healthy internally as well as externally. It is done with the use of medicines like Chyawanprash, Musali paak, Rasayan vati, Kandarpa paak and Kushmand avleha. Yastimadhu, Shatavari and Amla administered with specific proportions of milk, ghee, honey and cold water depending upon one’s constitution may serve as an effective remedy.
Aphrodisiac Therapies May Be Classifies Into Three Types:
- For the synthesis of sperm or enhancement of sperm count
- To promote the ejaculation of seminal fluid
- Medicines which help in both of the above
For improving sperm count effectively medicines like Shatavari, Nagbala, Bala, Musali, Ashwagandha, Milk, Ghee, Haritaki, Amla, Yastimadhu, Pippali or Shatavari kalpa may play a key role.
To treat problems related to semen ejaculation Kapikacchu, Vidari, Gokshur, Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Bruhati phala or preparations of Vrushya vati, Shilajatu and Vanari kalpa are given. Gokshur, Ashwagandha, Musali, Kapikacchu and Pippali along with milk, ghee, fruits and their juices is a natural remedy for male libido weakness. Vrushya vati is an excellent medicine that not only increases character of sperms qualitatively and quantitatively, it also improves vigour leading to decline of impotency and loss of carnal desire.
All the above listed medicines are generally given in powdered form or to enhance their effects may be administered as medicated milk or ghee for the revitalisation of cells.
Holistic Solution: Vaaji Ras
Vaaji Ras is a holistic Ayurvedic treatment for most kind of male fertility issues as well as other dysfunctions in male reproductive system. You may like to know more about this product on this page – Vaaji Ras.